You can rest easy shopping at Lucy’s Gift!
Today it’s critical to ensure that you protect your personal information, especially when shopping online. At Lucy’s Gift we can assure you that we work hard to implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your personal information when you place an order with us, including:
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via “Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology” and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database; after you buy from our site, your private credit card information will not be stored on our servers.
- Your information will not be sold or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering what you ordered on our site.
- We will send emails to the address you provide to us when you place an order with updates about your order, to keep you appraised. In addition, we may occasionally send you information about new products or services, but you can “unsubscribe” at any time. (But please don’t – we want to keep in touch with you!)
What information do we collect?
Just like all online shopping sites, we need to collect basic information from you when you shop on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. This may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You can choose to “register” your account information or not. By doing so, we can provide better customer service, and let you know about exciting new products and promotions. In any case, any information you provide to us will not be sold or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
Do we use “cookies”?
Just like most online e-commerce sites, our site does employ “cookies.” These are small files that a site or service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to capture and remember certain information that helps us continue to improve upon your shopping experience. They help us:
- Quickly process your transactions.
- Better service you and respond to your customer service requests.
- Inform you about any new contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Personalize your site experience and allow us to deliver the type of information and products most important to you.
While we may contract with “third-party service providers” to help us better understand what our customers like and are interested in, don’t worry – they aren’t permitted to use this information except to help us help you, by constantly improving our ability to conduct and improve our business. If you want, you can always have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can change your browser settings to turn off all cookies. But like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function correctly.
Third party links
Occasionally we may include references and links to other companies’ (third party) products or services that we feel you may be interested in learning more about. These third party sites all have their own, independent privacy policies, so we can’t take any responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. But since we make great efforts to ensure you have a great shopping experience with us, and protect the integrity of our site, please contact us if you have any issues with either following the links or concerns about the products or services they may provide.
This policy was last modified on 3/22/17.